|Buy online: |
|ND-8000 ||Log in to see the price |
I want information about this product
Link to Nanodrop Software
The ND-8000 8-Sample UV-Vis Spectrophotometer measures 1 ul samples, up to 8 at a time. Like the popular ND-1000, the ND-8000 utilizes a patented sample retention system that eliminates the need for cuvettes and capillaries and allows for a complete measurement cycle (analyses of 8 samples and cleaning) in 30 seconds or less. In addition, the high absorbance capability eliminates the need for dilutions in most cases. For loading 8 samples simultaneously, an 8 channel pipette is required.
The ND-8000 offers many benefits:
- Measure nucleic acid and protein concentration of samples as small as 1 µL
- Direct, easy measurements from tubes or plates
- Single sample mode or up to eight samples at a time
- Analysis of 96 samples in less than 6 minutes
- Full spectral output
- Calculates sample purity ratios (260/280)
- Pre-configured methods for common applications such as Nucleic Acid, Protein A280, Microarray, Proteins & Labels, Bradford, BCA, Lowry and Pierce 660nm – and more
- Intuitive and flexible software for creating custom methods and exporting data
- No consumables
- Sample Position Illuminatorwhich increases efficiency and reduces error by keeping track of the samples to be measured
- 20 second measurement time
- Large dynamic range: measures 2.5-3700 ng/ul (dsDNA) on a single sample. No need to change out cuvettes or caps.
- High absorbance capability: 50 times that of traditional spectrophotometers
- No Dilutions for most samples
Technology in Brief
Surface tension is used to hold a column of liquid sample in place while a measurement is made. This is done by pipetting the sample directly onto one measurement pedestal. A measurement column is then drawn between the ends of two optical fibers to establish the measurement path as shown below. The measurement is made, typically in less than 20 seconds, and the spectrum and its analysis is shown on the screen of the attached PC and if necessary, archived on the PC.
- Microarray Cy-dye Measurement:
Determination of the dye label concentration of microarray samples.
- Nucleic Acid Concentration and Quality Measurement:
Determination of concentration and quality of nucleic acid samples in the range from 2-3700 ng/µl without dilution.
performs full-spectrum UV/Vis spectrophotometry. Safety is improved when analyzing dangerous materials due to the 1 µl sample size.
|Wavelength range: || 220-750nm |
|Beam: || single |
|Light source: || Xenon flash lamp |
|Wavelength selection: || 2048-element linear silicon CCD |
|Bandwidth: || 1 nm |