BMG LABTECH, the Pivot Park Screening Centre and Isogen Life Science are happy to invite all PHERAstar users to the first European PHERAstar User Group Meeting. This interactive user group meeting will be held on the 9th and 10th of May at the Pivot Park Screening Centre in Oss, the Netherlands.
The meeting is meant to be an informative platform for our users where knowledge and experiences about the PHERAstar reader will be shared amongst peers and with the support of BMG LABTECH specialists. It should be a learning opportunity for all attendees and will work as a good networking opportunity.
9th of May – Afternoon only (12.00 to 5.00 p.m.)
BMG LABTECH-led training
- Instrument tips to optimise on assay performance
- Assay development/ troubleshooting session, including a look at the latest software release
- MARS training with a pharmaceutical focus, covering the generation of Z’ prime and other statistics pertinent to Pharma (incl. curve fitting, enzyme kinetics, data normalisation, template writing, etc…)
- Guided tour of the Pivot Park screening facility
Hosted dinner arranged for anyone wishing to join on the evening of the first day as a networking opportunity.
10th of May – Full day (9.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.)
The scientific session will feature talks from users and software suppliers. We would like to focus on novel assays and assay development. Talks are proposed to be 30 minutes long, including time for questions so a 20-25 minutes max would be available.
We have commitment for talks from the following speakers/ companies so far:
- 2 talks from Pivot Park Screening Centre
- Steven Charlton, University of Nottingham and Excellerate Bio
- Helen Harrison, Bicycle Therapeutics
- Ilkka Hemmilä, University of Turku
- Tassos Perrakis, Dutch Cancer Research Centre NKI
- Martin Redhead, UCB
- Henry Vischer, Free University of Amsterdam
- Brigitta Witte, Charles River Laboratories
- Genedata –Software solutions to automate complex, large-scale experimental processes
The Pivot Park Screening Centre (PPSC) provides drug discovery services in the field of assay development, lab automation, (ultra) High Throughput Screening ((u)HTS)) and hit-2-lead testing to find novel leads for drug development. PPSC, established in 2012 as an Organon/MSD spin-off, uses an open innovation approach to build on the long-established history of screening in Oss, the Netherlands. The screening facility includes state-of-the-art robotic systems, instrumentation for imaging and biological profiling, and a library of 300,000 high quality drug-like compounds.
Register your Interest here
The registration fee includes attendance to the meeting sessions on Thursday the 9th and Friday the 10th of May. It also covers lunches and breaks on Thursday and Friday as well as dinner on Thursday evening. Accommodation and/or travel expenses are not covered by the registration fee.
Registration can be made by contacting email@example.com.
Registration fee: 75 €
Places are limited.
- Schiphol airport, Amsterdam, the Netherlands
- Düsseldorf airport, Düsseldorf, Germany
- The Pivot Park is within walking distance from the Oss central station.
- Download directions by train (pdf)
- Oss is located in the South of the Netherlands between Eindhoven and Nijmegen and is easily accessible from anywhere in the Netherlands, Belgium and North-West Germany
- The A59 highway with its exit 52 is connected to all major highways.
- Download directions by car (pdf)
5341 GL Oss
+31 412 633 375
Hotel de Weverij
5341 KM Oss
+31 412 694 646
Please mention Pivot Park in your reservation and you will receive the special Pivot Park rate. Depending on the type of room around € 100,-.
- per Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- per Phone: +49 781 96968-35